Sunday, November 13, 2011
Interview of Violence in Shooter Video Games
Q: What shooter games do you play?
A: Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Left for Dead. I play COD the most.
Q: Why do you play the games?
A: Just for fun. Likes the feeling of becoming part of the game.
Q: Why do you like the game?
A: Likes killing the 'bad guys". "The games base you as the hero. You are accomplishing something, whether it is killing the enemy or just saving lives".
Q: How do you portray the violence in the video games?
A: It is easy to separate the real violence from fake/ play violence seen in the games. "There are no consequences in the game because you are given multiple lives and can continue to play over and over".
Q: Does the game change your perception of real violence?
A: "I am able to separate the game and real violence completely". It is just a game and not actually occurring.
Q: Do you feel violent after playing the games?
A: No, because the game can be shut off and the violence stays with the game. It is a fake situation created in the game.
Q: After viewing the clip of real combat, does this change how you feel about violence?
A: "My personal perception of violence has not changed, I understand the difference between actual violence and simulated violence".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are your thoughts about violent video games? Are they for fun, a stress reliever, or simply a way to get your mind off of everything around you?
ReplyDeleteI personally am not a huge fan of shooter games. While I feel that they can be very violent, I still believe that most people who play them are just playing them for fun and can easily distinguish between reality and fantasy.
ReplyDelete